Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Refashion: Choir Dress Revival!

When is tumbled upon this dress at one of my favorite thrift stores, I liked so much about it.


The fit isn't too bad, I loved the waist detail (which didn't show up in this picture...boo), and black dresses are so versatile. 

I wasn't crazy about the neckline though. It has a strange pseudo turtleneck going on. And then those sleeves.... Hmmm

First, I unpicked the entire collar, got rid of that awkward strip of fabric, and stitched the seam right back down.  Buh-bye turtleneck thingy! 

I took the dress in about a half inch on each side. Now it fits perfectly. 

I originally wanted this dress to be appropriate for work, but no matter how I cut the sleeves I couldn't get the image of old choir lady out of my head when I tried it on. 

There is nothing bad with being old. There Is nothing bad with being a lady. There is nothing bad with being in a choir.
There isn't even anything bad with being all three of these things. It was just not the look I was shooting for.

I ended up getting rid if the sleeves altogether. So long work appropriate! I got to unpicking and then sewed the seam right back down sans sleeve. 

Now my dress will be cute for a date night, maybe even church. 


I'll just have to continue my search for work appropriate clothing another day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment